- Excellence Built From A Unique Heritage
Today, Beactica is heralded by its collaborators and partners as the leader in fragment-based drug discovery using SPR biosensor technology. This position has its roots in a unique heritage spanning decades of research and industrial development:
- 1984 - Pharmacia Biosensor AB is founded in Uppsala, Sweden
- 1996 - Biacore AB is founded in Uppsala, Sweden
- 1997 - Prof. Helena Danielson at Uppsala University initiates collaboration with Biacore AB that results in adapting biosensor technology for small molecule drug discovery and the development of new biosensor products for the drug discovery industry
- 1999 - De Novo Pharmaceuticals – a Cambridge University spin-out that pioneered de novo fragment-based drug discovery – is founded with Dr Per Källblad as a Co-Founding Scientist
- 2006 - Beactica AB is founded in Uppsala by Dr Per Källblad and Prof. Helena Danielson
This unique heritage – in combination with the Team's dedication to scientific excellence – has enabled Beactica to develop it's proprietary platform to efficiently identify and develop novel and mechanistically defined drug leads. Read more about the platform here.